Udfyld Salary Survey, og du kan vinde en præmie: en ugentlig mindsteløn. Udfyld Salary Survey nu!
Compete for the weekly/monthly minimum wage of the country in which you work. Complete and submit the , together with you email address. Winners will not become rich, but at least you now know what it means to be dependent on the minimum wage in your country. Check the lists below:
Rules of the game
Published in English on www.wageindicator.org. the WageIndicator Foundation declares that it adheres to the code of conduct for lotteries issued by the Dutch Ministry of Justice on January 1rst 2006. Therefore Dutch law is applicable, including regulations regarding lottery tax.
How to participate
Anyone who wants to enter the prize draw for a minimum wage once each calendar year must complete and submit the salary survey with their email address before the end of the current calendar year. Multiple entries are excluded from the competition.
Employees of WageIndicator or partner organisations, members of national WageIndicator teams, their close relatives and friends are not allowed to compete, as well as minors under 16.
- WageIndicator Foundation puts up the prize of a minimum (monthly/weekly) wage for each country where the system is online.
- Payment of the prize money takes place in January 2011; WageIndicator Foundation takes care of the transfer costs to countries where the prize is less than € 300, in countries within Europe transfer costs are split even.
- Not all countries are equal, where the minimum wages are relatively high, as in most EU-member states, the prize is a minimum weekly wages. That's a fair deal. The list below indicates in which countries the monthly or weekly minimum wages currently apply. If a minimum wage per month is more then € 350, the winner of the country will get a minimum wage of a week.
- The minimum wages given are updated every calendar year on January 1rst and are the latest. Should you nevertheless find fault with any of them, please notify by giving the source of your alternative figure so that a proper assessment may be made. Such suggestions should reach the WageIndicator Foundation ultimately till December 1rst 2010.
|Country||Currency||In local currency||In Euro|
|Korea, Republic of||Won||160,000.00||97.01|
|Prize: a monthly minimum wage (2009)|
|In local currency||In Euro||Comment|
|Angola||Kwanza 6,500||€ 95|
|Argentina||Arg pesos 1,240||€ 295|
|Armenia||Armenian Dram 30.000||€ 80|
|Azerbaijan||AZN 50||€ 90|
|Belarus||Belarus Ruble 229,700||€ 65|
|Botswana||Botswana pula 740||€ 70|
|Brazil||USD 286||€ 209|
|Chile||Chil. peso 159,000||€ 230|
|China||€ 50||Large local differences|
|Colombia||Col. peso 497,000||€ 170|
|Czech Republic||CZK 8,000||€ 290|
|Georgia||€ 50||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage|
|Guatamala||Gaut. Quetzal 990||€ 100|
|Hungary||HUF 71,500||€ 271|
|India||RS 2,100||€ 32|
|Indonesia||Rupiah 400,000||€ 30||Large local differences|
|Kazakhstan||Kazakh. Tenge 11,500||€ 70|
|Kyrgyzystan||€ 20||No law on minimum wage. Kyrg. som 360 as effective minimum wage|
|Malawi||Mal. Kwacha 22,000||€ 110|
|Mexico||Mex. Pesos 1060||€ 60|
|Mozambique||MZM 1640||€ 50||In manufacturing and services|
|Namibia||€ 80||No law on minimum wage. Nam. dollar 1050 as effective minimum wage|
|Paraguay||Par. Guarani 1,350,000||€ 200|
|Poland||PLN 1,276||€ 330|
|Russia||Russian Ruble 4,330||€ 105|
|Slovakia||SKK 8,900||€ 295|
|South Africa||Rand 1,400||€ 110|
|Tajikistan||€ 15||No law on minimum wage. Taj. Somoni 20 as effective minimum wage|
|Turkmenistan||€ 40||No law on minimum wage. Turk. Manat 800,000 as effective minimum wage|
|Ukraine||hryvnias 605||€ 60|
|Uzbekistan||15,525 Uzbek. som||€ 25|
|Zambia||Zambian kwacha 268,000||€ 40|
|Prize: a weekly minimum wage (2009)|
|Denmark||€ 540||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage|
|Italy||€ 238||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage|
|Finland||€ 410||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage|
|Germany||€ 320||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage, based on ver.di demands|
|Netherlands||€ 344||Incl. holiday payment|
|South Korea||Won 836,000||€ 113|
|Spain||€ 156||Only white-collar workers|
|Sweden||€ 370||No law on minimum wage. Effective minimum wage, based on minimum wage in collective agreements of SEK 85 p h|
|United Kingdom||€ 303|
|United States||€ 201||Federal minimum wage: USD 7.25 p h|
If a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable span of time, the notary reserves the right to draw a new winner.
The draw is final and therefore not subject to claims or correspondence disputing the outcome.
Some sources for minimum wages information:
- Wikipedia (not fully up-to-date and some counting failures)
- Fedee.com (for Europe)
- US Government